Updated 10 April, 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Note: for terms and conditions specific to purchasing online courses and materials from The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy, please see below.
The term “you” refers to anyone who uses, visits and/or views the website. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy (“company”, “I”, “we” or “us”) reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions in its sole discretion at any time without notice and by using the website, you accept those amendments. It is your responsibility to periodically check the website for updates.
Your continued use of the website after posting of any changes to our Terms and Conditions constitutes your acceptance of those changes and updates. You must not access or use the website if you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
AGE AND UNITED STATES USE ONLY
We do not envision offering products or services to individuals living in the European Union as outlined in the General Data Protection. Additionally, we make no representation that the information provided on the website including any products and/or services are available or appropriate for use in other locations including but not limited to the European Union as outlined in the General Data Protection Regulation.
We make no promise that materials available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States, and accessing the Service from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service from locations outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative andare responsible for compliance with local laws, including VAT requirements.
Your acceptance of our Disclaimers is expressly incorporated into these Terms and Conditions. Please review the Disclaimers for more information.
MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND GOVERNING LAW
You expressly waive your right to bring any legal claims, now or in the future arising out of or related to the website and our products/services. In the event of any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to your use of this website, the terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the rules and regulations of the state of Nebraska and the United States.
You agree to consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Nebraska without regard to the principles of conflict of law or where the parties are located at the time a dispute arises.
You agree to resolve any disputes or claims first through mandatory arbitration in the state of Nebraska and shall bear the full cost of arbitration as permitted by law. Your good faith participation in arbitration is a condition precedent to pursuing any other legal or equitable remedies available such as litigation or any other legal procedure. You also agree that in the event a legal claim is initiated after the required arbitration, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs associated with the legal action.
All content on this website including but not limited to text, posts, logos, marks, graphics, files, materials, services, products, videos, audio, applications, computer code, designs, downloads and all other information here (collectively, the “Content”) is owned by us and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property and unfair competition laws with the exception of any content from others that we are lawfully permitted to use. You are granted a limited revocable license to print or download Content from the website for your own personal, non-commercial, non-transferrable, informational and educational use only while ensuring it’s not in violation of any copyright, trademark, and intellectual property or proprietary rights.
You agree not to copy, duplicate, steal, modify, publish, display, distribute, reproduce, store, transmit, post, create derivative works, reverse engineer, sell, rent or license any part of the Content in any way to anyone, without our prior written consent. You agree to abide by the copyright, trademark laws and intellectual property rights and shall be solely responsible for any violations of these terms and conditions.
. The names, images and logos identifying The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy or any other third party.
USER CONTENT AND LAWFUL USE OF THE WEBSITE
For any Content or information that you upload, display, post, transmit, send, email or submit to us on the website or on any of our social media sites, you warrant that you are the owner of that Content or have express permission from the owner of those intellectual property rights to use and distribute that Content to us.
You grant us and/or our officers, employees, successors, shareholders, joint venture partners or anyone else working with us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive right and license to identify you, publish, post, reformat, copy, distribute, display, edit, reproduce any Content provided by you on our website and on any of our social media sites for any purpose. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademark or other proprietary rights of any Content or information that you provide to us.
You agree not to upload, display, post, transmit, distribute, send, email or submit to us on the website or on any of our social media sites any information or Content that is-
(a) illegal, violates or infringes upon the rights of others,
(b) defamatory, abusive, profane, hateful, vulgar, obscene, libelous, pornographic, threatening,
(c) encourages or advocates conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law,
(d) distribute material including but not limited to spyware, computer virus, any kind of malicious computer software or any other harmful information that is actionable by law,
(e) any attempts to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the website, and
(f) send unsolicited or unauthorized material or cause disruption in the operation of the website. You agree to use the website for lawful purposes only and shall be liable for damages resulting from the violation of any provision contained in these Terms and Conditions.
The website may contain links to third-party websites or resources for your convenience. We may serve as an affiliate for some of these third-party websites by offering or advertising their products or services on the website; however, we do not own or control these third-party websites. Once you click on a third-party link and leave this website, you are no longer bound by our terms and conditions.
You agree that we are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content or any information presented on these third-party websites. You assume all risks for using these third-party websites or resources and any transactions between you and these third-party websites are strictly between you and the third party. We shall not be liable for any damages resulting from your use of these third-party websites or resources.
USE OF OUR PAID AND FREE PRODUCTS
We may offer free products for you to download and also sell paid courses, programs, physical or digital products and any other related materials (collectively, “products”) on this website. All our products and/or services including all content are protected by copyright pursuant to the United States and international copyright laws. You are granted a limited revocable license to print or download Content from our digital products for your own personal, non-commercial, non-transferrable, informational and educational use only while ensuring it’s not in violation of any copyright, trademark, and intellectual property or proprietary rights. Copying or storing our content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
You acknowledge and agree that you have no right to share, modify, sell, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, enhance or in any exploit our products. You cannot sell or redistribute any of our products, whether free or paid ones, without our express written consent. You agree to abide by the copyright, trademark laws and intellectual property rights and shall be solely responsible for any violations of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to refuse, remove, restrict your access, revoke and terminate your use of our website including any or all Content published by you or us at any time for any reason, without notice.
All sales of products and/or services on this website are final. No refunds will be issued. We truly believe in giving more than receiving and each of our products and services is designed by keeping this core principle in mind. The prices are intentionally kept reasonably low in price as compared to market value to give you the tools and information you need at an affordable price.
ALL CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE ARE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW. COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONTENT, INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT THE WEBSITE WILL PERFORM OR OPERATE TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE INFORMATION PRESENTED HERE WILL BE COMPLETE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, IMPLIED AND EXPRESS FOR ANY PURPOSE TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree that under no circumstances, we and/or our officers, employees, successors, shareholders, joint venture partners or anyone else working with us shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, equitable, special, punitive, exemplary or any other damages resulting from your use of this website including but not limited to all the content, information, products, services and graphics presented here.
You expressly agree that your use of the website is at your sole risk and that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of the personal and any information you provide, the outcome of your actions, personal and business results, and for all other use in connection with the website.
You also expressly agree that we and/or our officers, employees, successors, shareholders, joint venture partners or anyone else working with us shall not be liable to you for any damages resulting from 1) any errors or omissions on the website, delay or denial of any products or services, failure of performance of any kind, interruption in the operation and your use of the website, website attacks including computer virus, hacking of information, and any other system failures; 2) any loss of income, use, data, revenue, profits, business or any goodwill related to the website; 3) any theft or unauthorized access by third party of your information from the website regardless of our negligence; and 4) any use or misuse of the information, products and/or services offered here.
This limitation of liability shall apply whether such liability arises from negligence, breach of contract, tort or any other legal theory of liability. You agree that we provide no express or implied guarantees to you for the content presented here, and you accept that no particular results are being promised to you here.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and/or its officers, employees, successors, shareholders, joint venture partners or anyone else working with us harmless from all losses, claims, damages, demands, actions, suits, proceedings or judgments, including costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys' fees ("Liabilities") assessed against or otherwise incurred by you arising, in whole or in part, from: (a) actions or omissions, whether done negligently or otherwise, by you, your agents, directors, officers, employees or representatives; (b) all your actions and use of the website including purchasing products and services; (c) violation of any laws, rules, regulations or ordinances by you; or (d) violation of any terms and conditions of this website by you or anyone related to you; e) infringement by you or any other user of your account of any intellectual property or other rights of anyone. The Company will notify you promptly of any such claims or liability and reserves the right to defend such claim, liability or damage at your expense. You shall fully cooperate and provide assistance to us if requested, without any cost, to defend any such claims.
If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is deemed by a court, regulatory authority or other public or private tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision is deemed to have been omitted from this Agreement. The remainder of this Agreement remains in full force and effect, and is modified to any extent necessary to give such force and effect to the remaining provisions, but only to such extent.
CONTACTFor any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
These terms relate to the paid-for on-line training services supplied to you through the thesolarpoweredlifeacademy.com website (the “Online Course Service(s)”) and should be read in conjunction with our General Terms & Conditions above which shall also apply save where they are inconsistent with these terms.
1. Prices and payment
1. Your order is an offer to purchase Online Course Services from us. The Online Course Service will be made available to you once your payment has been authorized and the course session has started. There will be no contract of any kind between you and us unless and until you make authorized payment for the Online Course Service. At any point up until then, we may decline to supply the Online Course Service to you without giving any reason.
2. The fee for the Online Course Service is calculated and payable in advance of the course start date as set out on thesolarpoweredlifeacademy.com. The Company shall be under no obligation to provide the Online Course Service until the fee has been paid.
3. All prices are expressed inclusive of any sales tax payable unless otherwise stated.
4. Your credit/ debit card details are not handled by The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy. All payment and credit card handling is through a third party, currently PayPal Inc or Stripe. Accepted payment methods include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB as well as ACH transfers. We do not store any credit card details. Authority for payment must be given at the time of placing your order.
1. Assuming the technology works correctly, and no later than within 48 hours of purchase (during the work week), a confirmation email will be sent to the customer acknowledging payment and successful enrollment in the course. (Please check your spam folders for receipt of emails from Paypal, Stripe, or firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Within one week before the announced course start date, the customer will be notified by email of an online URL where the course materials will be located. Customers will be required to create a username and password for logging into the site and accessing the course content.
3. New course content will be delivered as defined in the course outline. Users will have access to released course contents for the lifetime of the course and guaranteed access for AT LEAST one year after enrollment. Customers with current email addresses will be notified of any substantial changes in the course offerings, not limited to change of course platform and/or account, with the opportunity to download and/or use course materials if they will be permanently retired. Supplemental materials like worksheets, mp3s, transcripts, or other materials may be downloaded and used for personal use only.
4. The Solar Powered LIFE Academy reserves the right to upgrade, improve, and/or replace any course materials at any time with substantially similar and/or improved materials for any reason.
2. To register on this website you must be over eighteen years of age unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian.
3. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
4. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy will not be responsible for keeping you informed of course changes if you do not supply current contact information and/or read the notification emails.
5. All user accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
6. You must keep your password and user name confidential and not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately.
7. If The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the website, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
8. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple accounts, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
9. If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
4. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy’s right to suspend or cancel your registration
1. We may suspend or cancel your registration immediately at our reasonable discretion or if you breach any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
2. You can cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so, you must stop using the Service.
3. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use the Service shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
5. Availability of the Service
1. Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services available at thesolarpoweredlifeacademy.com will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
2. Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the Service as soon as we reasonably can.
6. Using the Online Course Service
1. Please read the description for the Online Course Service carefully before placing your order as refunds cannot be given (see section 10 below).
2. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy warrants that it has the right to provide the Online Course Service and will use all reasonable skill and care in making the Online Course Service available to you and in ensuring its availability. Because of the nature of the internet, errors and omissions do occur and The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy does not give any other warranties in respect of the Online Course Service.
3. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy is continually seeking to improve the Online Course Services. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of any Online Course Service provided that it does not materially reduce its content or functionality.
4. In the event that The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy withdraws or is permanently unable to deliver a particular Online Course Service during the scheduled course dates a partial refund will be given covering the portion of the course that remains undelivered.
7. Posting of content
1. Some Online Course Services allow you to post content to the thesolarpoweredlifeacademy.com website including asking questions about the course, posting completed assignments, and taking part in discussion boards.
2. All content which you provide or upload to our website shall be subject to the relevant provisions of our General Terms & Conditions (see above).
8. Fair use policy
1. We operate a ‘fair use’ policy to protect the quality of our Online Course Services. If we believe your use of a Online Course Service is taking up excessive bandwidth or your use of a Online Course Service is adversely affecting the provision of the service (or any part of it) to other users, or other users’ enjoyment of the service, we reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage of the Online Course Service. This may include temporarily suspending your user account and/or access to the Online Course Service.
9. No commercial use
1. All Online Course Services are available for non-commercial use only. The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy reserves the right to refuse orders from businesses that we consider are for commercial concerns. You may not re-sell or make available to any third party the Online Course Services without the prior written consent of The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy.
2. Subject to paying the applicable fees, universities and other teaching organizations are permitted to deliver the Online Course Service to their named students.
10. Cancellation and refunds
1. Refunds cannot be made for downloadable digital items.
2. Cancellation and refunds are not available for purchasers of our defined Online Course Services. We truly believe in giving more than receiving and each of our products and services is designed by keeping this core principle in mind. The prices are intentionally kept reasonably low in price as compared to market value to give you the tools and information you need at an affordable price. If you need to speak with customer service for whatever reason please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. It is not possible to cancel or postpone your course once you have purchased it.
4. If we offer a subscription service in the future to any of our Online Course Services, you may cancel your membership at anytime during the month up to five days prior to your credit card subscription date. Please write to email@example.com for assistance.
5. Your access to the Online Course Service may be terminated by written notice if you are in material breach of these terms and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been given to you. If we reasonably believe your breach of these terms affects our lawful operation of the Online Course Service or third party customers we may suspend your access to the Online Course Service at any time.
CONTACTFor any questions, please contact us at info@thesolarpoweredlifeacademy
The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy is located at 6820 Bernese Blvd, Lincoln, NE 68516 USA
© 2023 The Solar-Powered LIFE Academy. All rights reserved